Grab Deal : Flat 20% off on live classes + 2 free self-paced courses! - SCHEDULE CALL
Organizations hold vast volumes of data, and in current times, handling and managing large volumes of data has become a difficult task. When working on the organization's large volumes of sensitive data, data management needs more attention than other tasks. For that, organizations choose Database Administrators for data management.
A Database Administrator plays a significant role in each organization and certainly is responsible for performing all the tasks related to the data. Amid everything, we all know the demand for Oracle DBA nowadays.
In today’s Oracle DBA tutorial, you will understand what Oracle Database Administrator is, the roles and responsibilities of the database administrator, basic terminologies, database objects, advantages and disadvantages of the oracle database administrator, etc. moreover, if you are interested in advanced Oracle DBA concepts and willing to learn Oracle database, then you should opt for industry best Oracle DBA Certification and Training courses taught by experienced industry experts & database professionals only.
Database - A Database is a structured collection of organized information that can be accessed, modified, or analyzed efficiently. If we talk about simple software applications like Word, Excel, or Spreadsheets, they can’t efficiently handle voluminous data. Here, we need a secure storage system where data can be stored or retrieved quickly whenever required.
To make this approach feasible, Oracle discovered a Relational Database Management system (RDBMS) to store, retrieve or modify information more efficiently and securely. The RDBMS system delivers high performance and maximized data concurrency that boosts the overall productivity of the multi-user database environment. It can be termed as RDMS or simple Oracle Databases. Oracle DBAs (Database Administrators) use specialized software programs to store or organize information in a mashed-up way.
Oracle database administrator is the one who is responsible for organizational data management. A database administrator is involved in applying the knowledge and expertise of database management to handle huge volumes of organizational data.
The primary responsibility of the Oracle database administrator is to ensure secure access of data only to authenticated users. The database administrators work closely with the other different departments and ensure the development of the database that runs smoothly and efficiently and meets all the business requirements successfully.
Organizations should opt for Oracle; don’t know why? Read the blog post on how Oracle is a perfect choice for the success of any organization.
An Oracle database administrator should also have the problem-solving capability and have expertise on the relevant databases and technologies where he will be able to handle, manage organizational data requirements and communicate effectively with the techies and non-techies in the organization. They should have good communication skills and they should know how to work on networks and storage technologies.
Oracle database administration is not managed by a single person but the Company generally hires a group of specialists to complete the administration work. Oracle database architecture works on grid-based computing that is highly suitable for enterprises and large-sized organizations.
Let us have a quick look at the physical files that are used by Oracle Database to store voluminous data.
In this section, we will discuss all important terms that are necessary to understand before you start working on the Oracle database. This section covers almost all terms and parameters that are used frequently in Oracle Databases.
If you’re preparing for your upcoming Oracle DBA interview, here are the top Oracle DBA Interview Questions and Answers.
Objects in the Oracle database are used to perform a variety of functions. Here, we will discuss the common objects that can be used in our day-to-day environment while working with Oracle databases.
Tables are the common objects that are used as an integral part of the database. Once a table is created, data should be stored by following the basic rules like data types, values, etc. Table compliance of all-important rules is always easy to access and modify with simple SQL commands.
If the database administrator wants to limit the access of data then the view concept comes into the picture. Here, different views of data can be defined based on users and Company requirements.
Take an example, where you want to share only a limited amount of information with another organization then you need to mask the rest of the information with proper SQL commands.
You are free to list the important modules only that you want to make visible in front of others. The modules that are not listed will not display and it will be hidden from the users. Views were introduced to enforce a flavor of security and it is frequently used worldwide.
There are different types of database systems like - Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Do you want to know the differences between them? Read our blog on the Difference between Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
It allows users to refer to objects that are stored somewhere else in the same or other databases. These objects are handy objects that can be used with alternative names in the table and you just need to set a pointer to the real table.
This is a memory management technique where the same objects can be reused and it optimizes the overall storage space for database objects. The concept has been used by database programmers for decades to increase the throughput of the application code.
These objects promote the encapsulation of code that could run either implicitly or explicitly to perform some predetermined task. The best part is that stored objects can be reused again and again whenever some action is required. It ensures consistent performance and secure processing together. They can be further divided into procedures, functions, and packages to declare constants, variables, and cursors for exceptional handling.
Oracle comes with a set of advantages that help improve the performance and efficiency required to efficiently fulfill the client's needs. Let’s run you through a few of the benefits of the Oracle database and how it helps Oracle Database Administrators.
1. Performance: Oracle provides robust principles and methodologies that are helpful in accomplishing higher performance as compared to any other databases. In Oracle, it's possible to implement performance tuning in the database, which results in faster retrieval of the data and modification of the data, which further leads to faster query execution.
2. Editions: Oracle offers different editions and benefits to the users to buy the edition as per their application and client’s requirements. Oracle’s express edition is free, and if you wish to give a trial or get some hands-on experience on Oracle, you can use it.
Go through our definitive guide to databases – Oracle vs. SQL Server vs. MySQL, so that according to your requirement and situation, you can use anyone that suits you more.
3. Clusters: Oracle's real application clusters helps enhance the high data availability systems. The databases that consist of real application clusters yield a number of benefits over conventional database servers, such as - load balancing, scalability to improve the processing capacity, database scaling over several instances, data redundancy, and availability.
4. Multiple databases consist of multiple database instance management on a single server. Oracle uses the instance casing method to manage the CPU allocations on a server that is executing the database instances.
5. Failure recovery: A recovery manager is one of the most vital elements in the Oracle database that can recover and restore the database files during outages and downtimes. Oracle supports user-managed recovery, which is helpful for users.
6. PL/SQL: Oracle Database also offers extensible support to PL for carrying out procedural programming.
Some drawbacks of Oracle database include:
1. Management of the structure: Sometimes, the management of structure in Oracle is complex and also tends to be difficult to manage some tasks. Hence it’s strongly recommended to use the basic version configured with minimum customization.
2. Incompatibility and complexity: Some incompatibility and complexities are processed by Oracle, which is considered a limitation in terms of time, character, and data Syntax sensitivity.
3. Price: Often, for an Oracle license, there is no price for a specific budget, and any changes over time are based on the change of a policy, updates, patches, etc. by the organization.
As discussed earlier, Oracle Database Administrator is one of the most prominent and attractive careers for any individual who is really interested in growing his/her career in the administrator role. Here are a few helpful tips for Oracle DBAs
For anyone who wishes to kickstart his career and achieve new heights as an Oracle DBA, here is the list of helpful resources
Oracle database is one of the most highly preferred databases in the organization. There is a high need for database administrators who are involved in implementing and performing database operations and meeting organizational and customer database requirements. Hope you enjoyed reading this Oracle pdf tutorial for beginners. In this blog, we discussed all essential aspects and the parameters that are necessary to understand before you start working as an Oracle Database administrator.
Most organizations look forward to individuals with expertise in Oracle database administrator(DBA). Oracle database administrator is one of the prominent roles in the field of database management, which is among the most rewarding career opportunities in the current times. Hence, We recommend you go through this Oracle Database Tutorial and get professional Oracle DBA Online Training and Certification from a renowned institute like JanBask Training to attain a prosperous oracle database administrator career and prepare to step forward to land your dream job of oracle database administrator!
1. I need help in choosing the correct data management course for my job role. Can you assist?
Ans:- Absolutely. Feel free to contact our representative, who will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
2. How do I become Oracle DBA Certified?
Ans:- To become a Certified Oracle DBA professional, you must complete training requirements and pass the required exam/(s). You can find more information on becoming Oracle DBA Certified on our Oracle DBA Online Training and Certification page.
3. What are the key features of your Oracle DBA Online Training and Certification course?
4. Give an overview of the Oracle DBA Online Training and Certification Course.
Ans:- In this Oracle DBA Online Certification and Training course, you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the functions that can be performed by a DBA using Microsoft SQL Server. You’ll also gain hands-on exercises that will prepare you for real-time scenarios that resonate with the professional Oracle DBA landscape.
5. Why should I take up data management courses?
Ans:- Some of the major organizations are looking for Oracle DBA professionals who are capable of working on huge data sets and deriving meaningful insights, thus helping the respective organization in decision-making. Hence, gaining Data Management skills will prepare you for the most sought-after job opportunity.
6. What are the eligibility criteria for taking up this course?
Ans:- Our Oracle DBA Training and Certification course is perfect for beginners, programmers, software developers, and testing professionals who are enthusiastic about learning Oracle. It’s also perfect for marketing professionals and salespeople who wish to better understand their organization’s data.
7. What prerequisites are required for taking up this course?
Ans:- Learners who wish to take up this course need to possess an undergraduate degree or a high school diploma.
8. How long will it take me to study for the exams?
Ans:- How long it will take me to study for the exams depends on various factors like how long you study, do you have any previous experience, how easy you find studying, and how much you practice the techniques on a working Oracle installation. It's impossible to say how much time you will take. It seldom takes more than a couple of weeks to prepare for an exam because some people study for over 6 months to complete the OCP. It varies a lot.
9. Who are the trainers for this course?
Ans:- All the trainers are certified and highly qualified, with several years of experience in working with front-end development technology.
10. What is the pay scale of Oracle professionals across the globe?
Ans:- As stated by Glassdoor, the average annual base pay in the United States for a Database Administrator is $93,164. If you’re an Oracle Database Administrator, the salary is higher: $108,837. Salary.com also shows significantly higher rewards for Oracle DBAs, averaging $116,301.FaceBook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest Email
Rashi is the originator and primary contributor to this blog. With fact-dragging research and a tech-savvy approach, Rashi has been helping digital learners with quality content at Janbask Training.
MS SQL Server
Receive Latest Materials and Offers on Oracle DBA Course